Sunday, December 02, 2007

I just feel like a HACK

Well I just bought a new, or rather used video card from eBay. It is a nvidia 5900xt OC (over clocked) well I put it in and oh the blue screens of death on vista, and Ubuntu would not een boot correctly. So I proceeded to reinstall Vista thought maybe old driver conflict. Instant Blue screen. So I went back to XP, which I am actually happy I did. :) But here is the embarrassing part. I installed the Nvidia software, and when I rebooted. I got a msg saying that the auxiliary power was unplug. Now I thought to my self I did check this card for a power connector right? Well I opened the case and what did I see, a power connector on the back of the card. Boy did I feel like a complete noob, I guess that explained why the cooling fan on the card did not work. There is a lesson here to be learned no matter how Leet you think you are, you can forget shit so pay attention.

Until Next time.


No comments: